Though last week was slow in the mobile hiring space, that trend has shifted in recent days. According to updates on LinkedIn, ten mobile-based companies have shown new activity. That said, the past week still remains void of major hires — even if the volume, in total, was quite high.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- John Violano — TinyCo, which just raised an $18 million round led by Andreessen Horowitz and changed its name from Brooklyn Packet hosts a single hire, this week, with Violano, who joins as a senior software engineer. Prior to this, he was a software engineer for iPhone games at Electronic Arts.
- Katie Welka — Welka, a former associate producer from Namco Networks America, joins TinyCo as a producer.
- Jeffrey Karl — Now a game artist for TinyCo, Karl was previously a contracted 2D artist at Hands-On Mobile.
- Cristian Zanier — TinyCo gains a new developer with Zanier, a former developer for Social Gaming Network.
- Brooke Costa — Costa joins TinyCo as a new iPhone engineer. Before this, she was an iPhone game developer at PlayMesh.
- Oscar Espinoza — Formerly a producer for Social Gaming Network, Espinoza is now filling the same role at TinyCo.
- Carlos Talbott — Now a 2D vector artist for TinyCo, Talbot was previously a cashier at Flax Art & Design.
- Rob Pitman — A single internal change at EA Mobile this week as Pitman moves up to producer from associate producer mobile deployment.
- Michael Lyashenko — Lyashenko joins Gameloft as a lead programmer. Prior to this, he was a game developer at Magellan Interactive.
- Alexis Bauzet — Now a lead for UI at Gameloft, Bauzet was previously “graphiste” (graphic) at Omenex.
- Mathiew Kennedy — In an internal shift, Kennedy changes roles at Gameloft from QA manager for e-commerce to producer.
- Gregoire Mercier — A former sales engineer at Baijaflore, Mercier is now a business development manager at Gameloft.
- François Deschênes — Deschênes joins InMobi as a sales engineer, EME. Before this, he was a consultant at Social Impact Group.
- Jean Yeng — Formerly a senior sales planner at Yahoo!, Yeng is now a campaign manager ate InMobi.
- Rishit Shetty — Also from Yahoo!, the former software developer Shetty is now a senior software engineer at InMobi.
- Saad Munir — Now an account executive at Jumptap, Munir was previously an agent/financial advisor at Bankers Life and Casualty.
- Mary Wilder — Wilder joins Jumptap as a human resources assistant. Prior to this, she was a supervisor of guest services at IMG.
- Andrew Kramer — A single hire for Millenial Media, this week, as Kramer joins as an associate delivery manager. Before this, he was an operations analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- Motohiro Takayama — Formerly a software engineer for Toshiba, Takayama is now filling the same role at ngmoco.
- Laura Laxamana — OpenFeint brings on a new marketing and sales intern with Laxamana. Previously, she was a sales and marketing intern at CBS/CW/KPIX.