The Baltimore Orioles posted the highest growth on Facebook among Major League Baseball teams during Spring Training, while the Cleveland Indians tallied the most growth on Twitter and the Philadelphia Phillies did so on Instagram, according to new data from social marketing firm Unmetric.
Unmetric examined its cross-channel reports for all 30 MLB clubs from Feb. 21 through March 27, and it also found that:
- The New York Yankees boasted the largest audience size across all three social networks.
- The Chicago Cubs drew the highest engagement on Facebook, while the World Series Champion Houston Astros led Twitter and the Yankees paced Instagram.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers were the most prolific Facebook posters, while the San Diego Padres were the top tweeters and the Cincinnati Reds were behind the most posts on Instagram.
- The Cubs tallied the most likes on Facebook, while the Yankees led Twitter and the Dodgers led Instagram.
- The Yankees drew the most comments on Facebook and Twitter, while the Dodgers did so on Instagram.