Four months ago we decided to run our own 30 Under 30 list for the public relations industry…and today it finally went live on Adweek!
Some necessary, super-boring backstory: the main reason I decided to make this project happen was because a contact suggested it and I liked the idea. But there’s also the worst-kept secret in media: communicators deal with a lot of flack from journalists even when they’re doing their jobs well. I’ve done it myself more than once despite the fact that I have worked in PR in the past and I work with PR every day.
But here’s an undeniable fact: there are a lot of talented people doing great work in this business, and we wanted to recognize them.
Thanks to everyone who participated, to my lovely wife for some crucial help in sorting through the entries and data, and to editor Stephanie Paterik and designer Dianna McDougall of Adweek (who created the great image on this post) for their last-minute assistance in making it happen.
Here’s the list in alphabetical order, because we don’t play favorites:
- Jared Albert, Senior Publicist, Animal Planet
- Britney Anderson, Senior PR Coordinator, Roger Vivier
- Marissa Arnold, Corporate Communications, New York Stock Exchange
- Sarah Rose Attman, Founder, Sarah Rose Public Relations
- Gracie Blackburn, Communications Manager, ESPN College Networks
- Ken Bruno, Account Director, Access Communications
- Caitlyn Carpanzano, Vice President, Brew Media Relations
- Jade Clark, Public Relations Manager, TheLadders
- Sarah Coppersmith, Vice President, Scott Circle
- Danika Daly, Founder, Danika Daly PR and Fashion PR Confidential
- Christina DiRusso, Senior Communications Manager, BuzzFeed
- Angela Feher, Director of Communications, Goconnekt
- Brian Hart, Founder and President, Flackable
- Ben Johnson, Director of Global Communications, Tough Mudder Inc.
- Colin Jordan, Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, Egnyte
- Laura Markofsky, Director, Civic Entertainment Group
- Ashley McCollum, Chief of Staff, BuzzFeed
- Chris Pappas, PR Manager, Ticketfly
- Alexander Parks, PR Team Lead, Davies Murphy Group
- Meagan Phillips, Public Relations Manager, 180LA
- Brette Querzoli, Senior Account Executive, Weber Shandwick
- Jose Resendez, Senior Account Executive, FleishmanHillard Miami
- Elisabeth Rosario, Managing Director, Astrsk PR
- Ilana Rubin, Account Supervisor, Civic Entertainment Group
- Emily Scheer, Public Relations Director, IBT Media
- Brittany Stone, Senior Account Executive, Moxie PR
- Pearl Tam, Associate, Eastwick
- Elliot Tomaeno, Founder and CEO, Astrsk PR
- Kai Wright, VP, Communications and Business Development, Atom Factory
- Ed Zitron, Founder, EZPR
Since this blog is part of the Adweek network, you’ll need to click through to see the whole thing if you haven’t already.