Instapaper has just released an updated version of its popular reading app for iOS. The new version is a major update, and it adds a number of new features including:
- New social recommendation system: you can “follow” other Instapaper users to browse the articles they Like. Find friends via Facebook, Twitter, or your Contacts.
- Browse for articles directly in the app from the web or Instapaper’s Editor’s Picks.
- New storage engine with perfect image quality, faster downloads, faster page-opening, and less space usage.
- Search all downloaded articles by title or content.
- Native, offline sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinboard, and Evernote.
- Smart rotation lock offers to disable rotation if a rotation seems accidental.
- Share panel now supports creating tasks in Things.
Instapaper is a web app that lets you save webpages so you can read them later. There’s just the one official app for iOS, but you can also find third part apps for WebOS, Android, and other platforms.
The app costs $4.99, and you can find it in iTunes.