The top 20 brands on Facebook boasted an average of 14,863,452 likes at the end of September and averaged 51 posts for the month, up from 41 in August, according to the most recent statistics from social media analytics platform Socialbakers.
Socialbakers also found that:
- Retail food overtook retail as the top industry in terms of Facebook likes, at 185,229,851.
- Walmart remained the top brand on the social network in terms of likes, with 32,140,526.
- Disney continued its reign as top media brand, with 12,315,827 likes.
- For the second consecutive month, the top brand in terms of Facebook post engagement rate was Waggin’ Train Dog Treats, at 15.92 percent.
- Fellow mobile carrier Sprint dethroned T-Mobile USA on Socialbakers’ Socially Devoted list for September, with a score of 1,027.