TikTok is marking Latinx and Hispanic Heritage Month with the unveiling of its first Latinx TikTok Trailblazers list.
Creators on the list were nominated by the TikTok community as the next generation of Latinx digital entertainment leaders.
TikTok said the hashtags #Hispanic, #Latina and #Latino have totaled over 31 billion views on its video creation platform, and the TikTok Sounds page features more than 50 Latinx artists, highlighted by Bad Bunny, Ir Sais, Karol G, La Banda Gorda, Rosalia and Sech.
The 2020 inaugural Latinx TikTok Trailblazers are:
- @adamrayokay: Adam and his alter-ego, Rosa—a lovable, relatable and charismatic persona—is a TikTok phenomenon who entertains and inspires the community.
- @devonrodriguezart: Devon spreads his creative vision and connects with the Latinx community through photography, including popular portraits of subway riders from his community in New York.
- @itsnikki.g: As a queer, body-positive creator, Nikki wants to be the representation she didn’t see growing up and spread positivity and acceptance across TikTok.
- @jennymartinezzz: Jenny gives her followers a taste of Mexican culture through food, sharing authentic recipes she learned from her mother with the community.
- @latinajesus: Jesus inspires people to laugh and enjoy life through his content.
- @lgndfrvr: Justice shares his authentic and raw journey as a Latino dad and embodies the spirit of family.
- @monicamamudo: Monica—also known as “your Brazilian Big Sister”—uses TikTok to talk about Brazilian culture, break down stereotypes and, of course, explain memes.
- @omayazein: Omaya showcases intersectionality and pride in being an Arab-Latina.
- @salicerose: As an original TikTok creator, Salice sparks joy and keeps followers smiling through her comedic videos.
- @siennamae: Sienna focuses on body-positive TikTok videos and promotion of self-love.
- @spencerx: Beatboxer SpencerX uses TikTok to share beatboxing culture in a fun and entertaining way.
- @zachv_pat: Lovable brothers Zachary and Patrick strive to educate and entertain with their positive, comedic and wholesome skits and dance videos.