Facebook announced Tuesday that more than 4 million businesses worldwide are active advertisers on the social network, with more than 70 percent of them based outside of the U.S.
More than 60 million businesses globally are using Facebook pages, and other statistics the social network revealed in an email to SocialTimes included:
- The fastest-growing region in terms of businesses advertising on Facebook is Southeast Asia.
- The fastest-growing countries, in terms of percentage increase in 2016 versus 2015, are Vietnam, Indonesia, Greece, Ukraine and the Philippines.
- The top five countries based on year-over-year growth are the U.S., Brazil, Vietnam, Mexico and the U.K.
- More than 85 percent of active businesses pages use mobile, and some 40 percent of active advertisers have created Facebook ads via mobile.
- More than 30 percent of active small and midsized business pages on Facebook are women-owned.
- More than 20 percent of active advertisers created video ads during the past month, and more than 4 million new video ads were created during that period.
Readers: Did any of the data revealed by Facebook Tuesday surprise you?