Simo shared the following statistics in a Facebook post and infographic (below):
- There have been more than 3.5 billion Facebook Live broadcasts to date.
- “Hundreds of millions” of people have used Facebook Live, and nearly 2 billion have watched Facebook Live videos.
- The average number of daily Facebook Live broadcasts has doubled year over year since 2016.
- Facebook Live videos generate six times more interactions than non-Live videos.
- Videos using Facebook’s Live With feature—which enables users to invite guests to join their Facebook Live broadcasts—are twice as long as other Facebook Live videos, with “hundreds of thousands” of broadcasts with friends daily.
- Daily average broadcasts from verified publisher pages rose by 1.5 times over the past year.
- There have been more than 150 billion Reactions on Facebook Live broadcasts.
- The Donate button on Facebook Live videos helped raise $2 million for relief efforts following hurricanes Irma, Harvey and Maria, and the average donation was $38.
Simo wrote, “We’ve learned some tough lessons, too. The immediacy of Live brings unique challenges, and we have committed to improving how we handle them. We have made significant progress over the past year: We’re reviewing live video more quickly, more thoroughly and more accurately. But our work here is not done, and we’ll continue to do more to protect our community.”