It would appear that Facebook has begun hiring people for its Prineville, Oregon data center, as evidenced by our weekly list of new hires to the company via LinkedIn. Other hires include many from Google, and from mobile companies. The list in alphabetical order:
- Paul Condon has joined the company as an advertising specialist. He previously worked as an SEM/PPC executive at GoAdy and a similar position at Jobs.ie.
- Michael Dinsmore was hired as the lead datacenter technician and worked similar jobs at Google and Apple.
- Jeremy Downs is set to join the product marketing team at Facebook. Downs has worked as the director of marketing and partnerships and Peek, several positions at PayPal, Inc. and Justarrive.
- Dave Ferguson, former engineering director at Google, has joined Facebook’s engineering team. In the past Ferguson worked in positions at Mahalo Logic, Ignite logic, DST Output, Intuit, Caere Corporation and IBM.
- Chuck Goolsbee has been tapped to be the lad datacenter technician for Facebook’s Prineville, Oregon facility. Goolsbee comes from a position as vice president at digital.forest and held positions with TPD Publishing Group and Federated Department Stores.
- Eric Newman will now be providing Mac/PC desktop support at Facebook; he comes from a position at Apple.
- Vinod Venkataraman has joined Facebook as a software engineering from a position as a teaching assistant at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Stanley Wang is now an acquisition marketing manager at Facebook and comes from working as the director of search strategy at Red Bricks Media. Wang previously worked at Coby Electronics, Akamai Technologies and Kinderhook Systems.
- Wei Wang was tapped to be an engineer at Facebook, coming from a technical position at Yahoo. Wang also previously worked at Oracle.
Facebook has also brought on several interns this week:
- Dean Eckles has joined as a research intern, coming from a staff research position at Nokia. Eckles has also served in similar jobs at Stanford’s CHIMe Lab, Nokia and Yahoo.
- David Fong is now a software engineering intern at Facebook. Fong was previously working a similar position at Google and Stanford University.
- Dustin Ho will join the company as a software engineering intern; he also comes from a similar position at Google and worked in like jobs at Indeed.com, Dallas Semiconductor/Maxim and the University of North Texas.
- Torbjørn Morland is also a software engineering intern who joined Facebook this week. Previously Morland worked several positions at NTNU in Norway and Powel ASA.
- Anton Raichuk came on board this week as a software engineer intern from a similar job at Google. Raichuk has also worked with Ukraine Computer Software.
- Shuo Tang is also a software engineer intern at Facebook who was previously interning at Samsung Telecommunications America and Microsoft.
- Kristopher Windsor will work for Facebook as a software engineer intern; he previously worked as a software developer co-op at IBM.