It’s never too early to start thinking about the holiday shopping season, and Facebook IQ shared 25 insights to give marketers a head start.
The social network’s research arm commissioned a study of 1,801 people 18 and older in the U.S., by Ipsos Marketing.
Here are 10 of the insights from Facebook IQ’s infographic, which appears below.
- From the 2017 to 2018 holiday season, mobile-first shoppers grew 33% in the U.S.
- 59% of shoppers in the U.S. used a mobile device for research during the 2018 holiday shopping season.
- 56% of shoppers used a mobile device while shopping in brick-and-mortar locations.
- In the U.S., 44% of shoppers said they messaged a business during the 2018 holiday season.
- The most common use of messaging was tracking orders (38%).
- The biggest pain point for mobile shoppers (26%) was applications or websites that took too long to load.
- During the 2018 holiday season, 59% of holiday shoppers in the U.S. said they either watched or posted videos in Stories across platforms.
- 44% of millennials said videos created by influencers would help them with their shopping decisions.
- 46% of millennials said a video of a product projected onto them or their home would help them decide whether or not to purchase that product.
- 76% of holiday shoppers in the U.S. last year said the amount of time for their purchase to be delivered or ready for pickup was an important factor in their decisions.