The brewer teamed up with BBR Saatchi & Saatchi to incorporate this new live photo option into a Facebook post Sept. 18, marking Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year), and the post—which encouraged users to push the red dot and not let go—went viral. Here’s what it looked like:
The technology behind the post is only available to users accessing it via iOS mobile devices, but those users responded, with Carlsberg Israel and BBR Saatchi & Saatchi saying that the post:
- Reached an engagement rate of 13 percent, topping the brewer’s previous record of 9 percent.
- Reached more than 250,000 people.
- Got more than 50,000 clicks.
- Was interacted with more than 4,000 times.
- Was shared more than 250 times.
Facebook did not respond to a request for comment on its incorporation of the new iOS 11 feature, but the social network began supporting Apple’s Live Photos in December 2015.