TV Upfronts

Fox Loses $50 Million After Dominion Case Despite Tubi Gains, Super Bowl

CEO Lachlan Murdoch does not expect a 'significant financial impact' from the writers strike

Mark your calendar for Mediaweek, October 29-30 in New York City. We’ll unpack the biggest shifts shaping the future of media—from tv to retail media to tech—and how marketers can prep to stay ahead. Register with early-bird rates before sale ends!

In its first earnings report since the high-profile Dominion lawsuit settlement, Fox posted a $50 million loss for its fiscal third quarter, despite revenue boosts from the Super Bowl and Tubi.

The company said the loss was “primarily due to charges associated with” legal settlement costs, meaning the $787 million charge will likely appear in Fox’s next quarterly report, rather than this one.

“We made the business decision to resolve this dispute and avoid the acrimony of a divisive trial and a multiyear appeal process,” CEO Lachlan Murdoch said during the company’s earnings call Tuesday morning.

Murdoch also said that there is “no change to programming strategy” at Fox News—despite Tucker Carlson’s high-profile exit last month.

Regarding the upcoming litigation with Smartmatic, Murdoch said the two cases are very different.

AW+

WORK SMARTER - LEARN, GROW AND BE INSPIRED.

Subscribe today!

To Read the Full Story Become an Adweek+ Subscriber

View Subscription Options

Already a member? Sign in