Ally Financial CMO Andrea Brimmer on How a Deal With Disney Levels the Playing Field

A sponsorship package that puts equity at its core

Meet the next generation of consumers where they are now. Join us virtually for The New Consumer, on March 30, for tips from Clutch, Mars Wrigley and more. Sign up for free.

Financial services firm Ally is partnering with Disney for a sponsorship package that puts gender equity front and center.

The agreement, announced Monday morning, features a 90% media investment, solely in women’s sports, that will include coverage of game highlights, branded content and features across ESPN, along with regular, in-episode SportsCenter segments. The remaining 10% will be invested in men’s sports advertising.

According to Ally CMO Andrea Brimmer, when companies go to market to buy an allocation of sports media, it’s mostly men’s sports.



Subscribe today!

To Read the Full Story Become an Adweek+ Subscriber

View Subscription Options

Already a member? Sign in