Don’t miss Commerceweek, February 28–29 in NYC, to explore the technology and trends fueling commerce. Get strategic insights from leaders at The New York Times Advertising, Turo, TikTok and more. Register.
- Thanksgiving Day is the fastest-growing online shopping day.
- Cyber Monday is expected to set a new record for online shopping in the U.S. with a projected $7.8 billion.
- Consumers placed more Black Friday orders on their phones than desktops for the first time.
- This Friday was the first day ever to net more than $2.1 billion in smartphone sales.
- Consumers are buying more—and bigger-ticket items—online on Black Friday: the average order value set a new record at $146.