ESPN, NCAA Seal Deal



NEW YORK — ESPN and the National Collegiate Athletic Association have finalized an 11-year agreement that gives the sports cable television network the rights to televise 21 NCAA men’s and women’s championship events.

ESPN said Thursday the pact begins in the 2002-2003 academic year and includes all 63 games of the NCAA women’s basketball championship.

A company spokesman wouldn’t disclose the financial terms of the agreement.

ESPN is 80%-owned by Walt Disney Co.’s (DIS) ABC Inc. Hearst Corp. owns the remaining 20%.

Copyright (c) 2001 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.