-Johannes Leonardo continues its fun work for Volkswagen with a new campaign, titled “The Little Things.” Volkswagen’s new all-electric ID.4 is now, and brings with it some unintentional benefits, capturing a pure moment of unintentional joy between a father and daughter sparked by VW’s Intuitive Sit-to-Start feature. While many potential buyers may be intimidated by the techy, complicated and futuristic nature of competitor EVs, this campaign shows off the simple in a cute spot called “Peek-a-Boo” Another ad, “Light Tease,” is set to launch in the coming weeks across the same mediums.
-When VMLY&R CEO Jon Cook collapsed in Kansas City last year, he benefited from a series of coincidences that led the right people at the right time to the right place to save his life.
-Comedian Whitney Cummings has added a new skill recently as a “board-certified plastic surgeon,” or so she says in a Liquid Death campaign.
-Google has rolled out a variety of products that brings AI, particularly generative AI, to the forefront.
-Adobe has its own AI tool, Generative Fill—part of Firefly, Adobe’s suite of creative generative AI models—which lets people add, extend or remove objects from images via text prompts.
-In the latest Young Influentials podcast, the host sits down with Mavely co-founder and CEO Evan Wray as he shares how the influencer platform is different from other platforms.
–Joe Min, vice president, client management at Intertrend, writes about what marketers can learn from the rise of AAPI cultural appreciation.
-Effie United States has announced the marketing leaders who will serve on the Grand Jury for the 2023 Effie Awards United States competition, which will be announced at the 2023 Effie Awards U.S. Gala on June 1.
The 2023 Effie Awards US Grand Jury members include:
- Ellie Bamford, chief strategy officer, North America, Wunderman Thompson
- Jonny Bauer, global head of brand strategy and transformation, Blackstone
- Kate Cronin, chief brand officer, Moderna
- Oriel Davis-Lyons, chief creative officer, Mother
- Marc-Antoine Jarry, managing director, marketing and communications strategy global lead, Accenture
- Jacki Kelley, CEO, Americas & global chief client officer, dentsu
- Eileen Kiernan, global CEO, IPG Mediabrands
- Sarah Long, chief marketing officer, WhistlePig Whiskey
- Matthew McCarthy, former CEO, Ben & Jerry’s
- Aki Spicer, chief strategy officer, Cashmere