Hi. Did you know that The Clio Awards are owned by
VNU Nielsen? We asked a few people and they were ignorant of this big biz fact. Call us slow, yeah? VNUNielsen is the same company that also owns Adweek. Don’t worry. No Phillip K. Dick rants here. Instead, so we’re all informed, here is a simple list of VNU’s advertising related holdings:
– ACNielsen, marketing research firm
– AGB Nielsen Media Research, television audience measurement firm, a joint venture with AGB Group
– Adweek weekly advertising industry publication
– Brandweek weekly marketing industry publication
– Claritas, provider of intelligent marketing information and target marketing services
– Clio Awards, Advertising and Design festival and award show
– Homescan & Spectra, provides consumer-centric marketing and sales solutions for the fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry
– IMS, media planning and analysis software for industry and proprietary research
– Mediaweek weekly media (Television, radio, print and outdoor advertising) industry publication
– Nielsen Media Research, Mobile, Soundscan, etc.
See the full list of VNU’s holdings here.