This morning agency’s chief operating officer, Kate MacNevin, sent out an internal memo congratulating employees on five new business wins, all of them recent.
GSK appointed the agency as global digital and multichannel marketing agency of record for “Respiratory and other assignments,” with MRM//McCann leading the assignment out of its London and Princeton offices. BASF named the agency as customer experience agency of record for North American agricultural products, following “an intensive six-step pitch process.” Benjamin Moore tasked the agency’s Princeton office with its paint, color and coating search marketing business. Mitsubishi Electric is entering into a partnership with MRM//McCann Salt Lake City to “help the company establish brand awareness for their holistic building solutions.” Finally, the agency’s Princeton office has been appointed digital agency of record for Sunovion new Parkinson’s treatment.
MacNevin notes all of this “comes in addition to what we’ve been experiencing with existing clients and goes on to congratulate employees while stressing “it’s important that we maintain our sharp focus on creative excellence and business expansion” through the second half of the year.
The wins provide a timely boost at the digital wing of the larger McCann network. CEO Michael McLaren left about 15 months ago after Verizon consolidated its FiOS business with indie agency Rauxa, and the Salt Lake City office also went through a round of downsizing earlier this year upon losing the Sam’s Club account.
Here’s the memo in its entirety:
Looking back at the first half of this year, we have much to be proud of. Adding to the significant recognition we’ve received that you know about – both earlier in the year from Gartner Inc. and across a wide range of creative shows – I’m pleased to announce that the following major global companies have begun to partner with us in a variety of capability areas:
- GSK has named us Global Digital and Multichannel Marketing AOR for Respiratory and other assignments, which includes driving a digital-first framework approach through creative, channels, performance and innovative solutions. Our offices in London and Princeton will take the lead on this global healthcare giant’s business, with our operations in Japan, Canada, France, Germany, Spain and Italy providing local market support.
- BASF has named us Customer Experience AOR for their North American Agricultural Products after an intensive six-step pitch process. We will help them enhance their customer experience through new processes, technology and data, developing a new engagement platform to power marketing and salesforce enablement.
- Benjamin Moore has assigned our Princeton team to handle their paint, color and coating search marketing business. We will help drive their paid and organic search marketing, while working to utilize search behavior and linguistic learning to accelerate buyers through the decision journey.
- Our Salt Lake City office will be partnering with Mitsubishi Electric to help the company establish brand awareness for their holistic building solutions. In addition to focusing on branding, advertising and sales enablement, we will be integrating multiple product sites into a streamlined, one-stop solution. The team will be working directly with the U.S. division of Mitsubishi Electric in California, and partnering with MRM//McCann Tokyo on overall brand strategy.
- Additionally, our Princeton office has been awarded the Digital AOR business for a breakthrough new treatment for Parkinson’s disease from Sunovion.
This new client growth, which comes in addition to what we’ve been experiencing with existing clients, goes hand in hand with a number of breakthroughs for us this year. Our agency-first Cannes Lions Grand Prix awarded to MRM//McCann Spain – not incidentally, the most awarded Spanish agency of the festival – was game-changing, and was accompanied by 12 additional Lions won by our teams across the globe.
As you know, this year was also the first time we were designated as a Leader in Gartner Inc.’s important and influential “Magic Quadrant for Global Digital Marketing Agencies” report. Additionally, there was a groundswell of creative recognition for MRM//McCann agencies around the world, including at the North America Effie Awards, the global One Show, the El Sol Festival for Latin America and Spain, the Grand Prix Advertising Stratégies Awards in Paris, Marketing Magazine’s awards in the Asia Pacific region, and more.
Congratulations to our teams for bringing in these new clients and for achieving impressive industry recognition this year. As we move through the second half of the year, it’s important that we maintain our sharp focus on creative excellence and business expansion. We have incredibly strong momentum to build upon.
Thank you for your hard work and ongoing commitment.
We are Better Together!