The Ad Council has elected 27 new members to its board of directors. The board, which is chaired by NBCUniversal chairman of global advertising and partnerships, Linda Yaccarino, elected the new members during the non-profit’s recent spring meeting.
New members from the agency world include Devika Bulchandani, CEO at Ogilvy North America and global chairwoman of advertising at Ogilvy; Justin Thomas-Copeland, president and CEO, DDB North America, DDB Worldwide; and Bill Kolb, chairman and CEO, McCann Worldgroup.
“I believe creativity has the power to change the world and the Ad Council sits at the intersection of creativity and cause doing the important work for society and humanity,” said Bulchandani in a statement.
Other new members come from the retail, corporate and media realms, including such companies as Vice Media, Salesforce, Snap and Walmart.
“Our board members are innovative, passionate, and committed to using their talents and resources to drive social change, and our newest members are no exception,” Lisa Sherman, president and CEO of the Ad Council, said in a statement. “With the support of our board of directors, we will continue to galvanize the industry behind our Covid-19 vaccine education efforts and the most pressing social issues facing our country.”
The additional new board members are:
- Lara Balazs, evp, chief marketing officer and gm, strategic partner group, Intuit
- Nadja Bellan-White, global CMO at Vice Media Group
- Ingrid Burton, CMO at Quantcast
- JP Colaco, Head of Advertising Sales at WarnerMedia
- Maurice Cooper, Target Corporation’s svp, brand and category marketing
- Jill Cress, vice president of consumer marketing at PayPal
- Norman de Greve, CMO at CVS Health
- Morgan Flatley, svp, chief marketing and digital customer experience officer, McDonald’s Corporation
- Sarah Franklin, Salesfoce CMO
- Josh Gillon, CEO at What If Media Group
- Jeremi Gorman, chief business officer at Snap
- Tariq H. Hassan, CMO at Petco
- Yuri Hermida, executive vice president at RB
- Susan Somersille Johnson, CMO at Prudential Financial
- Heather Malenshek, svp, chief marketing officer, Land O’Lakes
- Jamie Moldafsky, chief marketing and communications officer, Nielsen
- Alan Moss, vp of global advertising sales at Amazon
- Charlie Neer, chief revenue officer, MiQ Digital
- Todd Pendleton, CMO at Dolby
- Ann Rubin, vice president corporate marketing at IBM
- Carrie Seifer, general manager North America at GWI
- Dara Treseder, svp, head of global marketing and communications, Peloton
- Tiffany R. Warren, evp, chief diversity and inclusion officer, Sony Music Group
- Janey Whiteside, evp and chief customer officer at Walmart
The Ad Council’s board of directors recently led the industry’s response to Covid-19 and the launch of the Ad Council and Covid Collaborative’s Covid-19 Vaccine Education Initiative to quell concerns about vaccines.