Want to spend 15 hours this weekend teaching a giant eight-tentacled robotic Kraken sea beast how to navigate the squishy steps from adolescence to adulthood?
Old Spice has a game for that.
It kicks off at 4 p.m. ET (1 p.m. PT) today at OldSpiceTwitch.com. The game, called S.Q.U.I.D (short for Shared Quests Uniting Individual Dudes), invites said dudes across the internet to help the giant mechanical cephalopod learn about school, work and romance, according to Wieden + Kennedy, which designed the game.
The game will be live from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. ET on Friday, Satuday and Sunday. You and fellow dudes will “guide this mythical cephalopod through such rites of passage as driver’s ed, working at a pizza parlor, meeting the date’s parents and other manly life milestones,” the agency says.
The whole thing celebrates the launch of Old Spice’s latest manly scent, Krakengard.
Beyond that, we know very little, except that it will probably be more fun, and certainly more weird, than whatever else you had planned—or didn’t. We’ll circle back on Monday and see how it went.
Read a little more below, via W+K:
Top 8 Cool Things About Old Spice S.Q.U.I.D. (Eight tentacles, eight cool things)
• The mythical cephalopod took designers in a secret Brazilian lab more than 10 weeks to create and has roughly 1,000 moving robotic pieces.
• This S.Q.U.I.D. isn’t just sitting on the sandy sea floor. Guys around the world are going to guide him through the trials and tribulations of adolescence: going to school, working a summer job and impressing the young lady.
• Players from around the internet will each get their chance to control one of the eight robotic arms as they work in unison with the other seven players to guide S.Q.U.I.D.
• While waiting their turn, players will be in a “Holding Tank” in an active chat room with custom Twitch emotes that can trigger environment changes in the game.
• S.Q.U.I.D. is live Friday to Sunday (May 19-21) from 1 p.m. to 6 pm. PST each day.
• You can play S.Q.U.I.D. from your desktop or while on the go from your mobile device at OldSpiceTwitch.com.
• The last time Old Spice partnered with Twitch on the Nature Adventure live game experience, more than 1.2 million gamers took part!
• Old Spice Krakengard, the newest scent in Old Spice’s Wild Collection comes in anti-perspirant, deodorant, body spray, body wash and shampoo form.
The Fans. The Brands. Social Good. The Future of Sports. Don't miss the upcoming Brandweek Sports Marketing Summit and Upfronts, a live virtual experience on Nov. 16-19. Early-bird passes available until Oct. 26. Register now.