As expected, Nexstar Broadcasting and Mission Broadcasting have announced an agreement to acquire Communications Corporation of America’s station group. Nexstar and Mission will pay will pay $270 million for CCA’s 19 stations and seven associated digital subchannels in 10 markets.
Under the terms of the agreement, Nexstar will acquire 11 of the CCA stations and Mission will acquire eight. Nexstar and Mission will enter into shared service agreements, according to a statement. The transaction is pending FCC approval and expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2013.
“Nexstar is a premier TV broadcasting company that has grown in a disciplined fashion. We are pleased that the CCA stations will become part of Nexstar’s expanded footprint giving them the benefits of increased scale to build on the momentum we have created over the past several years,” CCA chairman Peter Markham said.
A full list of CCA’s stations are after the jump.
- Shreveport, LA 83 KMSS (FOX)
- Shreveport, LA 83 KSHV (MNTV)
- Harlingen-Weslaco-Brownsville-McAllen, TX 86 KVEO (NBC/Estrella)
- Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX 88 KWKT (FOX/MNTV/Estrella)
- Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX 88 KYLE (FOX/MNTV/Estrella)
- El Paso, TX 91 KTSM (NBC/Estrella)
- Baton Rouge, LA 94 WGMB (FOX)
- Baton Rouge, LA 94 WBRL-CD (CW)
- Baton Rouge, LA 94 WVLA (NBC)
- Baton Rouge, LA 94 KZUP (RTV)
- Evansville, IN 104 WEVV (CBS/FOX/MNTV)
- Tyler-Longview, TX 107 KETK (NBC/Estrella)
- Tyler-Longview, TX 107 KFXK (FOX)
- Tyler-Longview, TX 107 KFXL-LD (FOX)
- Tyler-Longview, TX 107 KLPN-LD (MNTV)
- Lafayette, LA 124 KADN (FOX)
- Lafayette, LA 124 KLAF-LD (MNTV)
- Odessa-Midland, TX 152 KPEJ (FOX/Estrella)
- Alexandria, LA 179 WNTZ (FOX/MNTV)