KQDS news director Jason Vincent, who came under fire last week after referring to a Native American man as an animal on his personal Facebook page, has resigned from his post at the Fox-affiliate in Duluth, MN.
“KQDS FOX 21 TV accepted the resignation of Jason Vincent, News Director,” KQDS general manager Jackie Bruenjes said in a statement Monday. “Jason has elected to take a new job assignment. We wish Jason the best.”
In a statement issued on Friday, Bruenjes emphasized that Vincent was “on personal time” when he wrote the controversial Facebook post and said that she expected him to return to work on Monday.
It’s unclear what the future holds for Vincent–whether he’ll remain with KQDS (or its parent company Red River Broadcast Co.) in a different role or if he’ll exit the operation altogether.
Beyond issuing the three-sentence statement about Vincent’s resignation Monday, Bruenjes has made no other public comments this week about the incident or about the employment status of her now-former news director.[WDIO, Duluth News Tribune]