Sunday Show Ratings: May 5

  • SHARES

By Merrill Knox Comments

It was a split decision for the Sunday public affairs shows on May 5: CBS’ “Face the Nation” took the top spot in Total Viewers and NBC’s “Meet the Press” won in the A25-54 demographic.

Compared to the same week last year, only “Fox News Sunday” grew in both ratings measurements, up +15% in Total Viewers and +2% in the demo. ABC’s “This Week” (+6% / -2%) and CBS (+8% / -4%) were up in Total Viewers but down in A25-54 viewers. Univision’s “Al Punto” was down -10% in Total Viewers and flat in the demo, while “Meet the Press” was down -5% and -15%, respectively.

Cable replays of “Fox News Sunday” averaged a combined 2,330,000 Total Viewers and 468,000 viewers in the demo. Rebroadcasts of “Meet the Press” delivered 1,009,000 Total Viewers and 466,000 A25-54 viewers.

“Face the Nation” is based on the first half-hour only, as the full contiguous hour aired in just 66% of the country.

The numbers for May 5:

Network Program Total Viewers A25-54
CBS
“Face the Nation” 2.90M 742K
NBC
“Meet the Press” 2.56M 778K
ABC “This Week” 2.37M 646K
FOX “Fox News Sunday” 1.12M 387K
Univision “Al Punto” 770K 376K