Sunday Show Ratings: June 15

By Merrill Knox Comment

For the second week in a row, CBS’ “Face the Nation” was first in total viewers and ABC’s “This Week” was first in the A25-54 demographic.

It was a particularly strong week for Univision’s “Al Punto,” which came in third in the A25-54 demographic, beating both “Meet the Press” and “Fox News Sunday.” The show featured coverage of the recent immigration reform debate as well as an interview with Pele that was tied into Univision’s coverage of the World Cup. Compared to the same week last year, “Al Punto” is up +80% in total viewers and +113% in the demo.

ABC was up +5% in total viewers and +8% in the demo year-over-year. “Face the Nation” was flat in total viewers and up +13% in the demo, and “Fox News Sunday” was up +41% in total viewers and down -6% in the demo. “Meet the Press” was down across the board, -9% in total viewers and -26% in the demo.

Cable replays of “Fox News Sunday” averaged a combined 1,902,000 total viewers and 415,000 A25-54 viewers. Rebroadcasts of “Meet the Press” delivered an additional 750,000 total viewers and 266,000 A25-54 viewers.

“Face the Nation” is based on the first half-hour only, as the full contiguous hour aired in just 67% of the country. “This Week” was retitled because it aired out of pattern across 30% of the country due to ABC’s coverage of the World Cup. “Al Punto” aired at a special time, also due to Univision’s coverage of the World Cup.

The numbers for June 15:

Network Program Total Viewers A25-54
“Face the Nation” 2.709M 687K
“Meet the Press” 2.161M 594K
ABC “This Week” 2.139M 723K
FOX “Fox News Sunday” 1.490M 350K
UNI “Al Punto” 1.152M 617K