Saturday ‘GMA’ Wins Among Younger Viewers in April

  • SHARES

By Merrill Knox Comments

Like its weekday counterpart, the Saturday edition of ABC’s “Good Morning America” has continued to make inroads against the Saturday edition of NBC’s “Today.”

For the month of April, Saturday “Good Morning America” pulled ahead of Saturday “Today” in younger viewers, though “Today” won in Total Viewers. This is the opposite of the weekday ratings race, where “GMA” has topped “Today” twice in Total Viewers but still trails in the demographic.

“GMA” is also the only Saturday morning show to improve on its year-ago averages, up +4% in Total Viewers and +2% in the demographic. “CBS This Morning” is down -6% in Total Viewers and -3% in A25-54 viewers, while “Today” is down -17% and -27%, respectively.

The averages for Saturdays in April:

  • Total Viewers: NBC: 3.49M / ABC: 3.29M / CBS: 1.68M
  • A25-54 viewers: NBC: 1.16M / ABC: 1.20M / CBS: 627K