Fox News Channel is still on top of the cable news heap, but the network is down -4% in Total Viewers and down -11% in younger viewers for Total Day viewing (Mon-Sun). It was a mixed bag in primetime (Mon-Fri/8-11pm) with FNC seeing growth (+2%) in Total Viewers, but down -8% in younger viewers. The channel keeps a grip on the top 11 cable news programs in Total Viewers and the top 10 programs in the A25-54 demo. FNC beat CNN and MSNBC combined in the demo in both primetime and total day. FNC is now #4 in all of cable.
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1.173m total/299k A25-54
- Prime (Mon-Sun): 2.160m total/508k A25-54
“Glenn Beck” is on top in the 5 PM hour, but down -24% in Total Viewers and down -28% in A25-54 viewers compared to last year. The 6 PM hour, “Special Report,” is also down -8% in Total Viewers and down -16% in the demo. “Fox Report with Shepard Smith” and “The O’Reilly Factor” and are both down -2% in Total Viewers. Primetime growth was experienced by “Hannity,” up +2% in Total Viewers and “On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteren” up +4% in Total Viewers compared to Oct ’09. That said, “On the Record” was also the only 10 PM program on the big three cablers to to lose viewers year to year in the demo, dropping -6%. And during the day, “America Live with Megyn Kelly” improved the 1-3PM timeslot 13% over Oct. 09.