As we reported earlier, the network morning show ratings for the 2010-11 season show growth in both Total Viewers and younger viewers after years of decline — in fact, 17 years of decline in younger viewers.
For the week, NBC’s “Today” had its best total viewer delivery and best gap over #2 ABC’s “Good Morning America” in more than three months. For the just-completed 3rd Quarter, “GMA” is up +15% in Total Viewers and +10% in A25-54 viewers while “Today,” in first full quarter with the new anchor team, is up +5%, quarter-to-quarter, in both measurements.
The averages for the week of September 12:
- Total Viewers: NBC: 5.48M / ABC: 4.58M / CBS: 2.49M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 2.50M / ABC: 1.79M / CBS: 950K
The averages for the 2010-11 season:
- Total Viewers: NBC: 5.42M / ABC: 4.68M / CBS: 2.60M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 2.48M / ABC: 1.80M / CBS: 1.06M
Averages for Q3 2011:
- Total Viewers: NBC: 5.08M / ABC: 4.48M / CBS: 2.30M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 2.27M / ABC: 1.70M / CBS: 885K