CBS’s Lesley Stahl and ABC’s Sam Donaldson have been named two of the 2010 “Giants of Broadcasting” by the Library of American Broadcasting.
CBS’s Charles Osgood will serve as master of ceremonies for the October 6 awards ceremony in New York.
Other honorees include:
• TV and radio legend Dick Clark
• Writer Norman Corwin, often called America’s “poet laureate of radio”
• Edward Fritts, former President of the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB)
• Radio and TV pioneer Hal Jackson
• All My Children and One Life to Live creator Agnes Nixon
A posthumous award goes to veteran CBS, CNN, and NPR newsman Daniel Schorr, who died in July. Others being honored posthumously: radio and TV host Art Linkletter, actress Rue McClanahan, and TV documentary and film producer David Wolper.
Located at the University of Maryland, The Library of American Broadcasting is self-described as a “national information resource” for the TV, radio, and academic communities.