It seems as though Current TV and host Keith Olbermann are beginning to sew up the wounds that have been opened over the past week or so. Late last night The Hollywood Reporter‘s Marisa Guthrie published a statement from Olbermann, who said that he would be leading Current’s election coverage, following the New Hampshire primary, which is tomorrow.
“I am pleased that I’ll be running the election coverage on Current, following this Tuesday’s New Hampshire primary,” said Olbermann in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter on Sunday. “However, I don’t think those participating in the New Hampshire primary will share my satisfaction.”
Olbermann and Current have been somewhat at odds over the last week, with the host’s attorneys and management team working with the network to resolve whatever differences they had. Allegedly those differences included production problems.
Meanwhile, the NY Times David Carr has more on the Olbermann/Current situation:
Mr. Olbermann’s contractual rights at Current TV are significant — he has control over the content of his show and his lawyers have argued that the channel has no right to pre-empt it for special election coverage — and management has very little leverage over him. So the channel is left to check his Twitter updates for indications of his mood, which is usually not very good.