CNN was down double digits across the board in July. Compared to July 2011, the network is -20% in Total Viewers and -23% in A25-54 in Total Day. In primetime, CNN is down -23% in Total Viewers and -26% in the demographic.
The ratings for July 2012:
- Primetime (Mon-Sun): 488,000 Total Viewers / 149,000 A25-54
- Total Day (Mon-Sun): 355,000 Total Viewers / 109,000 A25-54
Compared to the July 2011, Erin Burnett’s 7pm hour — home last year to “John King USA” — is down -21% in both Total Viewers and younger viewers. “Piers Morgan Tonight” is down -18% in Total Viewers and -24% in A25-54 viewers. The 10pm edition of “Anderson Cooper 360” is down -34% in Total Viewers and -36% in A25-54 viewers.
There is some good news for CNN in the 8pm hour of “AC360,” which is up +6% in the demographic and is the only cable news program in primetime to increase among younger viewers year-over-year.
Compared to last month, all of CNN’s daytime and primetime programs are up by double digits in both Total Viewers and A25-54 viewers. Burnett is up +12% in Total Viewers and +15% in the demographic, Cooper is up +27% in Total Viewers and +31% in the demographic, and Morgan is up +18% and +20%, respectively.