With Dr. Drew Pinsky set to make his HLN debut Monday at 9 PM, HLN is making tweaks to its lineup.
The biggest move: “Morning Express with Robin Meade,” which has become in many respects HLN’s strongest performing show, will expand an hour to noon ET.
That means that Meade will be on HLN for a full six hours every weekday morning.
Update: Or not, Meade usually anchors til 10 AM ET, with someone else filling in from there.
HLN is also prepping for Pinsky’s arrival by launching a Dr. Drew show blog, as well as Twitter and Facebook pages.
More information on the HLN moves, after the jump.
HLN ADDS ANOTHER FULL HOUR OF NEWS AND VIEWS CONTENT TO PRIME SCHEDULE
Dr. Drew Premieres on HLN, Monday, April 4, 9 P.M. ET/PT
Debut of Weeknight Program Kicks-Off HLN’s New Prime, Daytime and Weekend Line-up
One of America’s most talked about doctors, Dr. Drew Pinsky brings his expertise on extreme—and extremely human—behavior to a new weeknight show on HLN. Premiering Monday, April 4, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT), Dr. Drew explores the fundamental question ‘why do we do what we do?’ establishing a connection between people at the core of the news conversation and the real lives of HLN viewers. Dr. Drew de-mystifies the motivations behind behavioral issues, placing people at the center of the story. Through intimate discussions with guests, Dr. Drew tackles a broad range of topics on human behavior.
Dr. Drew’s HLN digital extensions continue the conversation from on-air to online, connecting with viewers and users on multiple platforms, including:
* Dr. Drew HLN blog (http://cnn.com/DrDrew http://cnn.com/DrDrew): Provides must-share show clips, and serves a resource for users looking for Dr. Drew’s perspective on a multitude of human behaviors. The blog also allows audiences to interact with Dr. Drew by contributing via iReport to suggest show and guest ideas.
* Facebook/DrDrewHLN: Offers a hub for fans to connect and comment on topics, guests and the host. In addition, the page affords behind-the-scenes moments, best-of-show clips of and previews of what’s on next.
* Twitter/DrDrewHLN: Real-time commenting throughout show, offering prizes to followers, and engagement with Dr. Drew fans across the Twittersphere.
Mon, April 4, also sparks HLN’s new daytime, prime and weekend line-up, boasting the following changes:
* Morning Express with Robin Meade extends an hour to 12 noon weekdays (6 a.m.-12 noon ET);
* Nancy Grace remains in her signature 8 p.m. ET/PT weeknight timeslot;
* Dr. Drew debuts at 9 p.m. ET/PT;
* The Joy Behar Show rounds out HLN’s new weekday prime at 10 p.m. ET/PT, highlighting the week with a roster of power women, including Star Jones and Kate Gosselin (Mon), Sherri Shepherd (Tue), Barbara Eden (Wed), Caroline Kennedy (Thu), Eva Longoria (Fri).
HLN also unveiled HLN Mysteries on Sat, March 5. Airing Saturday’s 7 p.m.-6 a.m. ET, the programming block includes TruTV investigative series, Body of Evidence and The Investigators. Since its premiere, HLN Mysteries has increased the network’s viewership by 57% among P2+ (306k vs. 195k) and by 57% in P25-54 (121k vs. 77k) viewership vs. HLN’s 2011 average audience prior to launch.
HLN is a CNN Worldwide network offered in more than 90 million households in the U.S. CNN Worldwide, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner Company, is the most trusted source for news and information. Its reach extends to nine cable and satellite television networks; one private place-based network; two radio networks; wireless devices around the world; CNN Digital Network, the No. 1 network of news Web sites in the U.S.; CNN Newsource, the world’s most extensively syndicated news service; and strategic international partnerships within both television and the digital media.