Broadcast and cable news networks are continuing to cover the massacre at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX, where a 26-year old gunman stormed the church during a Sunday morning service and opened fire, killing at least 27 people and using a military-style assault rifle to do so. The gunman is dead.
Here are TV news networks’ coverage plans, as of Monday at 1 p.m. ET.
- David Muir will anchor World News Tonight from Sutherland Springs.
- Good Morning America news anchor Amy Robach and senior national correspondent Matt Gutman are reporting from Sutherland Springs.
CBS News / CBSN:
- Jeff Glor will “field anchor” the CBS Evening News tonight from Sutherland Springs. He also co-anchored CBS This Morning today from Sutherland Springs.
- A team of CBS News correspondents will contribute to the Evening News coverage from Texas, including Michelle Miller, Mark Strassmann and Omar Villafranca.
- Elaine Quijano has led coverage on CBSN today from Texas since 6 a.m. ET, with the team of CBS News correspondents providing the latest on-the-ground reporting
Here’s who CNN presently has in Sutherland Springs:
- Chris Cuomo
- John Berman
- Ed Lavandera (Lavandera is based in Dallas)
- Dianne Gallagher
- Brian Todd
- Sara Sidner
- Alex Marquardt
- Gustavo Valdes/CNNE
- Fox News presented live and in-depth coverage of the deadly shooting at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, TX. through 12 a.m. ET yesterday.
- Today (Monday), FNC correspondents Matt Finn, Adam Housley, Todd Piro, Bryan Llenas are providing live reporting to all programming. Caroline Shively is reporting from Texas well.
- Additionally, Fox News has received contributions from FOX O&O KTBC Austin reporters.
NBC News & MSNBC:
Tonight, Lester Holt anchors NBC Nightly News live from the scene of Sunday’s church shooting. Holt touched down in South Korea yesterday, originally planning to anchor the broadcast from the region as Pres. Trump makes his first trip to Asia. He had already done a sit-down interview with South Korean foreign minister Kang Kyung-wha.
This morning, Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie anchored a special edition of Today from New York with Craig Melvin reporting live from Sutherland Springs.
Megyn Kelly provided her thoughts on the attack on her 9 a.m. show from New York.
At 11:23 a.m. E.T., Kate Snow anchored an NBC News Special Report as officials briefed on the shooting. Pete Williams joined from Washington D.C. and Craig Melvin joined from the ground in Sutherland Springs, Texas.
On MSNBC today, Craig Melvin and Ali Velshi anchor live from Sutherland Springs, Texas.
On the ground for NBC News and MSNBC coverage:
- Ayman Mohyeldin, Mariana Atencio, Steve Patterson, Gabe Gutierrez and Miguel Almaguer are reporting live from Sutherland Springs, TX.
- Gadi Schwartz, Stephanie Gosk are on the ground in New Braunfels, TX reporting on the suspected shooter.
- Catie Beck is live from San Antonio.
*This post will be updated as more information is made available to us.