Here’s a quick TVNewser examination of the ratings since the first full day of coverage of the earthquake in Haiti, Wednesday, Jan. 13, and since.
• Total day averages for Wednesday 1/13 – Tuesday 1/19
• Primetime averages for Wednesday 1/13 – Tuesday 1/19
• These averages also factor in a second major story: the Senate special election in Massachusetts. An event that drew big ratings for Fox News as evidenced in the charts below.
• In primetime, MSNBC’s “doc block” programming the weekend prior outperformed this weekend’s live Haiti coverage: 345k total viewers (168k demo) vs 269k total viewers (84 demo).
• Anderson Cooper’s show at 10pm averaged 1.266 million total viewers (1/12-1/19) and 495k in the demo. It was CNN’s highest rated show in the demo over that time period and second in total viewers to “Larry King Live,” which averaged 1.293 million.
• Here’s are graphical breakdowns of each total day’s ratings for the four cable networks (starting last Tuesday for comparison):
Demo after the jump.