The 32 athletes in the running for the Madden NFL 12 cover were announced Monday on SportsNation.
Pardon me while I get my Jay Bilas on for a second while analyzing this bracket:
- Danny Woodhead is not only the New England Patriots representative, but he’s a #4 seed? America, don’t let him win. Please.
- I’m not the biggest Tim Tebow fan, but he’s way too low at #11. Touchdown Jesus = sales.
- Jordan Gross? Yikes, the Carolina Panthers stink.
- I’m calling it now: Darren McFadden will upset Phillip Rivers.
- Mark Sanchez as a #5 seed could make a run all the way to the finals.
- The 12th Man in Seattle? Why not just put Pete Carroll on the cover?
- Carlos who?
The simple fact that I just broke down the Madden bracket is proof that it’s going to be a long year if this lockout impacts the 2011 NFL season.