GEICO rules supreme in this week’s chart of the most digitally engaging commercials, powered by iSpot.tv. The insurance company owns three of the top 10 ads, and uses memorable, if cringeworthy, humor to spark conversation. Its first-place spot imagines what would happen if former running back Tiki Barber worked in a barber shop. At No. 8, GEICO has some fun with a cuckoo clock. And at No. 10, an undercover agent barely escapes some mobsters.
Insurer UnitedHealthcare also uses humor to capture second place.
Filling out the rest of the chart are commercials we’ve been seeing for a few weeks, including spots from Apple, Microsoft, Verizon and Madden NFL.
Top 10 Ads by Digital Share of Voice
powered by iSpot.tv
1. GEICO TV Spot, ‘Tiki’s Barber Shop: It’s Not Surprising’ Feat. Tiki Barber
25.18% Digital SOV 1,622,065 Online Views 3,815 Social Actions
2. UnitedHealthcare TV Spot, ‘Lunch With Chuck’ Featuring Chuck Norris
15.27% Digital SOV 112,796 Online Views 13,148 Social Actions
3. Apple iPhone 7 + AirPods TV Spot, ‘Stroll’ Ft Lil Buck, Song by Marian Hill
15.06% Digital SOV 392,636 Online Views 7,931 Social Actions
4. Microsoft TV Spot, ‘Football, Teamwork & Technology: CA School’
5.09% Digital SOV 349,028 Online Views 502 Social Actions
5. Verizon 5GB Plan TV Spot, ‘5GB for $55’
4.01% Digital SOV 810 Online Views 3,891 Social Actions
6. Apple iPhone 7 Plus TV Spot, ‘Take Mine’ Song by Bezos’ Hawaiian Orchestra
2.95% Digital SOV 56,753 Online Views 2,111 Social Actions
7. Madden NFL 17 TV Spot, ‘Karaoke’ Featuring Antonio Brown
1.99% Digital SOV 56,069 Online Views 1,173 Social Actions
8. GEICO TV Spot, ‘Cuckoo Clock: Take a Closer Look’
1.45% Digital SOV 12,856 Online Views 1,227 Social Actions
9. Walgreens TV Spot, ‘Seize the Day’
1.19% Digital SOV 234 Online Views 1,152 Social Actions
10. GEICO TV Spot, ‘Undercover: Great Answer’
1.11% Digital SOV 9,385 Online Views 948 Social Actions
Excludes Movie Trailers.
Attention analytics company iSpot.tv tracks TV ads in real time across more than 10 million smart TVs, and measures digital response to TV ads across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Bing and Yahoo! Click here for more on iSpot.tv’s methodology.