2013-14 Broadcast TV Season | Adweek
Advertisement

Topic: 2013-14 Broadcast TV Season

Type
Fizzy, Busy Finale for ABC’s Scandal As Beltway drama blows up, 3 other network series await word of their fate

With no fewer than four broadcast series calling it a day, Thursday night was a time for cliffhangers and farewells. But as has been the case throughout the season, only…

April 18, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT

‘Game-Changer’ Episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Fizzles Captain America: The Winter Soldier crossover hits a series low

Although Tuesday night’s installment of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was heavily promoted as a tie-in to the newly released theatrical hit Captain America: The Winter Soldier, relatively few viewers were on…

April 9, 2014, 5:56 PM EDT

Death by Hiatus: Extended Downtime Is Killing Your Favorite TV Shows Mindy Project, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. scorched by rocky scheduling

While extended hiatuses may work for the likes of The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad, broadcast TV series that take lengthy breaks or are erratically scheduled increasingly run the risk…

April 2, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT

How I Met Your Mother Finale Soars Record ratings, even if fans didn’t think the capper was legen … wait for it … dary

Pop quiz: In the series finale of CBS’ How I Met Your Mother, the titular mom is revealed to be: a) a MacGuffin b) a red herring c) the Yellow [Umbrella] King d) a nice,…

April 1, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT

Resurrection Falls Back to Earth ABC drama down 40 percent in hyper-competitive Sunday night slot

After a splashy debut in which it more than doubled its time slot predecessor’s average deliveries, ABC’s Resurrection has fallen back to earth. According to Nielsen live-plus-same-day data, the fourth episode…

March 31, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT

ABC Yanks the Cord on Mind Games Tuesday 10 p.m. is becoming yet another trouble spot for network

ABC has pulled the plug on the Christian Slater drama Mind Games after just five episodes. The third new ABC series to fail to catch on in the Tuesday 10 p.m. slot—it was…

March 28, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT

Behind the Scenes of The Good Wife Shocker Death comes to us all, and even lawyers can’t escape

If TV’s liveliest time slot weren’t already somewhat paradoxically a-crawl with death, last night’s episode of The Good Wife raised the ante on all things terminal. (Fair warning: Spoilers abound…

March 24, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT

Resurrection Returns Strong for ABC Haunting drama eclipses Sunday 9 p.m. competition

ABC on Sunday night notched a significant victory in the prime-time ratings race, as the second installment of its new supernatural drama series, Resurrection, dominated the fiercely competitive 9 p.m.…

March 17, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT

Déjà Vu All Over Again as CBS Renews 18 Series If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

In what has become a rite of spring, CBS on Thursday announced it has renewed 18 series for next season.  Eighteen appears to be Nina Tassler’s lucky number, as this marks…

March 13, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT

Bazinga! CBS Renews The Big Bang Theory Through 2016-17 Top comedy earns another long-term pickup

Nerds rejoice: CBS has renewed The Big Bang Theory for another three years, ensuring that Leonard, Sheldon and the rest of the gang will be yukking it up through the…

March 12, 2014, 12:52 PM EDT

Advertisement