The Flash fuels hefty volume, CPM increases
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 26, 2015 - 8:32 PM EDT
After a sluggish start, this year's upfront season is finally in full swing, with The CW becoming the first broadcast network to wrap its upfront sales. By this time last year,…
By Chris Ariens on Jun. 26, 2015 - 4:24 PM EDT
From the White House to Westeros, from Litchfiled Pen to McKinley High, your favorite TV shows have been sharing the love all day following this morning's Supreme Court decision legalizing…
Two names, four products: will it confuse consumers?
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 25, 2015 - 1:29 PM EDT
Do you use Hulu, or Hulu? And do you subscribe to Showtime, or Showtime? No, those weren't typos. The two words I repeated in the previous paragraph are actually referring to…
Network announces its fall premieres, including Scream Queens
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 25, 2015 - 1:00 PM EDT
Fox won't be wasting any time this fall, debuting its hottest show, Empire, on Sept. 23—the thick of premiere week. The network said last month that Empire—which debuted in January—would be…
Wildly popular news site comes to TV
By Chris Ariens on Jun. 25, 2015 - 12:06 PM EDT
Dr. Phil McGraw and his son Jay McGraw, along with their production company Stage 29, are partnering with DailyMail.com to create DailyMailTV, a new syndicated television series. The show, announced today…
Network delays fall debuts until October
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 24, 2015 - 3:37 PM EDT
Last season, most of the buzz surrounding The CW focused on a pair of freshman series: The Flash and Jane the Virgin. Next season, those very two shows bookend the…
'In a different way,' though, CEO says
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 24, 2015 - 1:35 PM EDT
And now, 10 reasons BuzzFeed could be working on a TV series ... OK, there's just one reason, but it's a really good one: CEO Jonah Peretti just said so. During a…
Clear branding is key
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 24, 2015 - 12:30 PM EDT
While Amazon and Hulu are trying to compete with Netflix, the reality is that Netflix is the clear victor in the battle of the streaming services. Nielsen notes that 36…
In politics and Hollywood
By David Griner on Jun. 24, 2015 - 10:59 AM EDT
CANNES, France—Veep may be a comedy that revels in double standards, but star Julia Louis-Dreyfus says she believes the show might actually be helping solve the gender-imbalance issues that often…
Exhibit runs through Sunday
By Jason Lynch on Jun. 24, 2015 - 7:00 AM EDT
As it begins streaming all 180 episodes of Seinfeld today, Hulu—which has exclusive SVOD rights to Jerry Seinfeld's iconic TV series—is celebrating by re-creating Seinfeld's apartment for fans in New…
- Box Office: 'Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation' Cruising to $45M-Plus U.S. Debut
- Bill Carter: How Jon Stewart Changed Media (and Made Megyn Kelly Cry)
- Bill Cosby Producer Breaks Silence: "The Legacy of the Show Is Very Important to Me"
- Critic’s Notebook: Tom Cruise, Show Us the Money — but Also the Weirdness
- Starz Boss Chris Albrecht on Binge Watching and That HBO "Feud"
- Jason Segel on Playing David Foster Wallace, Road Rage and Dreams About "Witches Eating His Toes"
- HelloFlo's Creative Team Is Back With an Ad About a 'Fitbit for Your Vag'
- Here's How Bud Light Designed 200,000 Different Colorful Cans for Music Festivalgoers
- Why These 3 Agency Guys Are Walking 125 Miles to a Company's Office for a Pitch
- Converse Blows Up Chuck II to Show Off the New Sneaker's Snazzy Insides
- Ad of the Day: Check Out Geico's First Spots in a While Not Made by The Martin Agency