YouGov BrandIndex interviewed 2,100 adults aged 18 through 34 during the first seven months of the year and arrived at Buzz and Satisfaction scores between 100 and -100, with zero representing neutral.
To determine Buzz, respondents were asked, “If you’ve heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?” For Satisfaction, the question was, simply, “Are you a satisfied customer?”
Its findings included:
- Instagram hit its 2015 peaks in both Buzz and Satisfaction in mid-July after bypassing Snapchat and Vine during the late spring.
- On July 19, Instagram reached its high Buzz score for the year, at 33, while Snapchat logged an 11 and Vine a 7 on that same day.
- Vine has rallied since then to a 12, while Snapchat is currently at 7. Instagram still leads, with a score of 30.
- Instagram’s Satisfaction score peaked at a 64 July 25, while Snapchat was at 31 that same day and Vine at 20.
- Snapchat has surged to 38, and YouGov BrandIndex believes the gains were spurred by its new Snapchat Discover design and its partnerships with BuzzFeed and iHeartRadio.
- 37 percent of respondents have logged on to Instagram during the past 30 days, compared with 29 percent for Snapchat and 15 percent for Vine. YouGov BrandIndex said Snapchat and Vine were neck-and-neck during the first quarter until Vine began to fade in April.
Readers: What did you think of the findings by YouGov BrandIndex?