Yahoo announced its new Mobile Developer Suite today at the company’s first Mobile Developer Conference. The platform is designed to help developers understand, measure, advertise, monetize and enhance their apps.
Yahoo’s Mobile Developer Suite has five new products: Flurry Analytics Explorer, Yahoo App Publishing, Yahoo App Marketing, Yahoo Search in Apps, and Flurry Pulse.
These technologies are the combination of efforts from Yahoo, Flurry (which joined Yahoo in August 2014) and BrightRoll (which Yahoo acquired in December).
Prashant Fuloria, Senior Vice President of Advertising Products at Yahoo, explained how the three companies complemented each other:
Flurry has a deep understanding of the mobile developer’s needs and the mobile ecosystem, and Yahoo is a place with an enormous audience across devices and sophisticated technology. Since our investment in Flurry, we have been hard at work integrating the best of both companies, and now BrightRoll, to create comprehensive suite of solutions for developers.
Here’s an explanation into what each of the products can do, from the press release:
- Flurry Analytics Explorer – An update on the Flurry Analytics developers have come to know and love, developers can now answer even more complex questions with Explorer, an easy-to-use data exploration interface that returns insights in seconds. No need to write code, build queries, wait for calculations, or implement a new SDK.
- Flurry Pulse – Flurry Pulse makes it easy for developers to share app signals with partners using their existing Flurry SDK implementations and the click of a button. Pulse can help limit SDK proliferation and additional engineering work, by pushing signals from your app to your partners of choice.
- Yahoo App Publishing – With the same tools that we use to successfully monetize our own apps, developers can now monetize their apps with high-quality native, video and display ads using the combined capabilities of Yahoo Gemini, BrightRoll and Flurry. This combination offers developers the most engaging, seamless, beautiful advertising experience for users and the most effective advertising formats to monetize their apps.
- Yahoo Search in Apps – This offering makes it easy for developers to integrate Yahoo Search directly into their apps. This enhances the user experience by allowing users to search the web from within the app, and can create an additional monetization channel for developers.
- Yahoo App Marketing – With the power of Yahoo Gemini, one of the fastest growing native and mobile search marketplaces, developers can efficiently acquire new users, grow engagement and track results. Developers can buy targeted native and video advertising across Yahoo’s network of premium content, Tumblr and thousands of mobile apps. Through Yahoo App Marketing, developers can use just one platform to gain exposure to an enormous audience of highly engaged and active users across desktop, mobile and social.
Readers: What do you think of the Yahoo Mobile Developer Suite?