Facebook social recruiting solution Work4Labs released its Get Hired Using Facebook guide Tuesday, offering job seekers a comprehensive look at how they can turn their Facebook profiles into potential employment.
- Add contact information to your profile and make sure your work and education history are updated.
- Don’t just like companies you are interested in: Engage with their content.
- Check your Facebook privacy settings to make sure you come up in search results.
- Use Graph Search to find friends who work at companies you are interested in.
- Choose a tasteful profile picture and cover image.
Work4 Labs said in the introduction to its guide:
As a Facebook user, you have unprecedented access to your favorite companies. And now those companies are putting their jobs (and their recruiters) right where you need them most: on your favorite social network. Use the following tips to get the most out of Facebook for your job hunt, and update your status from “fan” to “employee” in no time at all!
Readers: Have you incorporated Facebook into your job-search efforts?