Representatives from leading companies in the social gaming ecosystem talked through how developers can better monetize games through virtual goods, last Thursday at the Engage Expo virtual goods conference in San Jose, Calif. Here’s the first of the six-video series of the hour-long panel, as filmed by theMIX agency — you can watch the other parts here.
The panelists addressed detailed but important points like where virtual goods should be added within games, and whether to include multiple sets of advertising offers from competing companies – all interesting points for developers trying to make more money from their games.
The panelists included:
- Lisa Rutherford, President, Twofish (moderator)
- Nick Talarico, Director of Publisher Development, Offerpal Media
- Vikas Gupta, Co-founder/CEO, Jambool.com
- Adam Caplan, President, Super Rewards
- David Marcus, Founder and CEO, Zong
- Ron Hirson, Co-founder & SVP, Product & Marketing, BOKU
Here’s the accompanying slideshow (also available on Slideshare).