Tomorrow Bring Out Your Dead blog will be interviewing eBookNewser’s Managing Editor Jason Boog about the death of books live on Twitter.
The #FollowReader interview will investigate the mysterious question that faces publishing today: “What’s Up With Everything Dying?” It will take place this Thursday at 4pm EDT. Follow @eBookNewser on Twitter to read along.
From the Bring Out Your Dead blog: “This appears to be the year for declaring things dead. And, it’s been an especially deadly summer. Seems like lately I can’t open my Google Reader, without reading the news that something else related to publishing or media or technology has tragically died. By my body count alone, I’ve witnessed:
* The death of publishing in general.
* The death of print.
* The death of the physical book.
* The death of fiction.
* The death of the library.
* The death of the imagination.
* The death of social media. And
* The death of the World Wide Web (announced via the world wide web).”