If you’re one of many using Twitter’s official iPhone app, you’ll likely have noticed that your @mentions have not been updating properly over the past couple of days, with many users seeing no new updates at all in their Connect folder.
This is obviously very frustrating. Twitter is aware of the bug and working on a permanent solution. In the meantime, here’s how to resolve the issue yourself.
To get your @Mentions working on Twitter for iPhone, you need to remove your Twitter account and then re-add it. This is official advice from Twitter. You won’t lose any tweets or followers or anything like that, so there’s nothing to worry about.
Here’s how to do it:
1. On your iPhone, tap the Settings app
2. Scroll down and tap Twitter
3. Select the account that is not receiving mentions
4. Click on Delete Account, and then confirm
5. Once the account has been removed, re-enter your profile username and password (you may have to click Add Account)
Open Twitter for iPhone and everything should be working again.
Note that these instructions are for iOS 5 users. For iOS 4 and Android, please see the Twitter support pages.