Social media analysis firm Crimson Hexagon has been tracking Twitter conversation around New Year’s resolutions, and found that since December 28, around when buzz started to peak about the topic, there have been more than 349,000 expressed opinions about New Year’s resolutions on Twitter.
Here’s a breakdown of the data.
Of the hundreds of thousands of tweets about New Year’s resolutions:
– 46% have resolved to exercise more and be healthier in 2014
– 44% of users expressed that resolutions are lame
– 7% shared that they wanted to share less on social media (ironic)
– 3% of users would like to improve their finances, either by saving money or making money
– 1% resolved to be kinder to others (depressingly low)
Have you been keeping your New Year’s resolution so far?