“Pinterest: Where women go to plan imaginary weddings, decorate homes that don’t exist, and decorate homes we can’t afford.” Pinterest addicts know they have a problem and they don’t care. Type “pinterest” into the search bar on the online pinboard and about 30 of these illustrated quotes will pop up like homemade wooden signs at a country craft boutique. Here are the top five pins about Pinterest.
5. Pinterest is addictive. Consider yourself warned.
4. Apparently, someone didn’t read the the instructions on the last pin. That, or Pinterest really is a photo-blogging site without the blogging part.
3. This pin brings up an excellent point. But we’ll make those robot cupcakes from scratch eventually, right?
2. Do you feel guilty for pinning your life away? Neither does this lady.
1. Sure, the binoculars are adorable, but more importantly, this pin leads to a must-read article on how to find the original source of a Pinterest pin. Graphics Fairy writer Karen shows how to use Google Images to pull the image source to the top of the search results. If you want to use the artwork outside of Pinterest, this is good information to have. Happy repinning!
Note: Be careful when you pin. Some of the pins in this category were put up by spammers who linked them to harmful websites. If you click on a pin and you find yourself somewhere you don’t want to be, hit the “report pin” button immediately. Pinterest does a good job of removing the links.
Featured image by valdis torms via Shutterstock.