YouTube continues to reign supreme as the top brand on Twitter by total number of followers, placing well ahead of even Twitter themselves. In fact, Twitter isn’t even second – since we last updated, Instagram has leap-frogged above its social media rival into the second spot amongst all brands on Twitter.
(If you count @twitter_es, Twitter’s Spanish-tweeting official profile, as part of its overall total, Twitter is well ahead of of every other brand. But who does that? Let’s face it – it’s all a bit egg-on-facey.)
In case you’re wondering, Facebook has 6.9 million followers on Twitter, Pinterest has 1.29 million and LinkedIn, with just 281,583, takes home the wooden spoon.
The Top 10 Brands On Twitter
1. YouTube (@YouTube, 25,463,530 followers)
2. Instagram (@instagram, 17,591,082)
3. Twitter (@twitter, 17,268,720)
4. Twitter en español (@twitter_es, 11,648,871)
5. CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk, 10,932,827)
6. UberSocial (@ubersocial, 9,825,749)
7. TwitPic (@twitpic, 8,915,371)
8. FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona, 8,496,223)
9. The New York Times (@nytimes, 7,963,706)
10. CNN (@cnn, 7,915,405)
(Source: Twitter Counter.)