Twitter is great for generating buzz, but sometimes that buzz isn’t all that constructive. As the east coast of the United States prepares for Hurricane Irene this weekend, tips on how to handle weather emergencies are appreciated by all audiences. Thankfully, there are a lot of Twitter users who are skilled at giving advice, whether it be on how to deal with flooding or how to maintain perspective when we don’t even know how badly the storm will affect different areas. Here, then, are the top 10 tweets about Hurricane Irene that are actually useful.
1. For providing useful information on where the storm might actually hit:
2. For reminding us that traffic should remain one of our bigger concerns:
3. For prompting us to be thoughtful of all kinds of loved ones:
4. For broadcasting some of the local resources we have available:
5. For offering analysis straight from established weather experts:
6. For introducing a little bit of humor to the situation:
7. For giving us something extra to consider as we rush to get prepared:
8. For preparing us to keep all kinds of important possessions intact:
9. For adding the economic angle into the conversation:
10. For remembering that Twitter users love nothing better than a good source:
Will you be tweeting about the hurricane?