The world is a little doom-and-gloomy at the moment, and I’ve perhaps been a little too Twitter-critical on this blog in recent weeks. Sure, that’s what puts the criticism in Twittercism, but you can’t be like that all the time. Time to lighten the mood. Time to have a little fun.
What Does Twitter Stand For?
Twitter, of course, is not an acronym – but let’s assume it was. What could it stand for? Here are a few possibilities.
- Think. Write Intelligent, Thoughtful Topics. Evaluate. Re-tweet
- This Week, Iran. Then Transformers 2, Entourage, Reality TV
- The World Is Turning; ‘Terrorists’ Even Re-tweet
- The Whale Is Tamed, Tired, Eternally Resting
- The Writing In These Tweets Encourages Retaliation
- Tomorrow, We’ll Increase The Tension: Election Results
- The Weekend Is The Time Everybody Rests
- Tweeting Will Invariably Terminate Trust; End Relationships
- The World Imagines Things; Truth Equals Reality
- Tweets Will Inevitably Trigger This Event : Revolution
Okay – some of those aren’t bad, some are actually quite deep, and some are pretty lame. I’m sure you can do a lot better. Hit the comments with your thoughts of what Twitter might stand for, and if you’re going to tweet this on the network, add the #T-W-I-T-T-E-R hashtag, and we’ll see if we can get the ball rollin’!