The world’s top 100 brands have Instagram in focus, as social media analytics and reporting platform Simply Measured found in its latest study that 71 of the Interbrand 100 are on the Facebook-owned photo-sharing service, up from 40 in October 2012, adding that the total number of brands on Instagram shot up 55 percent over the past year.
- 57 percent of those top brands now average at least one post per week, up from 38 percent in the third quarter of last year.
- More than one-third of top brands have at least 10,000 followers, with 19 percent of them topping 100,000.
- Brand engagement on Instagram has skyrocketed 350 percent year-over-year.
- The top 10 brands on Instagram are responsible for 33 percent of all posts but receive 83 percent of all engagement.
- Automakers dominate the top five, with Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi claiming three spots.
- Video on Instagram accounts for just 6 percent of total posts, so photos drive 26 percent more engagement than videos.
- 83 percent of Instagram posts include at least one hashtag, and 63 of the 65 most active brands on the photo-sharing network use hashtags.
Simply Measured CEO Adam Schoenfeld said in announcing the results:
Since launching two years ago, Instagram has captured the imagination of consumers and inspired brands to embrace visual dialogue in new and creative ways. With the addition of hashtag tracking and other analytics tools, marketers can now measure which campaigns are performing the best and double down their efforts on deepening and expanding those relationships.
Readers: Do you interact with any brands on Instagram?