The app’s intuitive and visually appealing interface has long made it a fan favorite among mobile Twitter users and these new features make it arguably the most powerful social media app on the market.
The ability to manage multiple Twitter accounts was a major selling point for the free app, and integrating Facebook so users can also update their status, view their feed, comment and like posts was a brilliant step forward for this versatile app.
Full details from their press release include the following:
Seesmic for Android now with full Facebook Support, Twitlonger and More!
Seesmic for Android is one of our most popular applications, and for good reason. Now, we’re giving you even more reason to try Seesmic for Android with our latest update. Here’s a quick video on what we’ve added to the app, with more after the jump.
In version 1.6 of Seesmic for Android, you’ll see the following new features:
- Complete Facebook support with Facebook pages – Add your Facebook account, view updates, comment, like, post to your accounts as well as to all the Facebook pages you’re an admin of
- Support of TwitLonger – if you post tweets that are longer than 140 characters, we’ve got your back with the new Twitlonger integration
- More Widgets – Our popular widgets are now available for all services, including Facebook, Twitter, Chatter and Google Buzz
- Inline comments – For Chatter and Google Buzz, you can now view comments inline when you tap on an update
- Retweeted By – See the list of people that retweeted a tweet
- No Lost Tweets – Ability to load missing tweets by tapping inside the gap within your timeline
- Goo.gl URL Shortener – Shorten your links with one of the hottest new shortners
In addition to using Seesmic on your mobile phone, give their online and desktop applications a try. The sign-up process is insanely simple and you’re up and going within a matter of minutes, ready to add in additional social networking profiles such as LinkedIn or Facebook. It’s a simple way to manage all of your profiles and updates in one place, which is especially helpful for those running multiple accounts in each network in both personal and professional capacities.